How To Create An Attractive Physician Job Posting that Gets Candidates Interested
Here at Locumunity, our main goal is to connect qualified physicians to great jobs. We know that your facility has a great job opportunity – but that’s only one half of the equation! In order to successfully find and hire for your physician job opening, you have to first attract the right candidates.
Don’t worry – that’s what we’re here for. Locumunity’s AI algorithm presents your job to all suitable candidates, in which they can indicate “Interested” or “Pass” on the position. Think Tinder, but for physicians and jobs (truly modern times, we know)! So how can you can increase your chances of being successful out on the playing field? Creating an attractive, informative job posting is the best thing you as an employer can do to get the attention of potential candidates.
Here’s 3 easy ways to create a job posting that stands out from the rest, and to get physicians applying for and messaging about your position:
- Attractive Job Title
One of the most important aspects of your posting is the job title. This is essentially the headline of your posting, so be sure to make it descriptive and eye catching!
General guidelines to keep in mind:
- Avoid short, generic titles like “Family Physician”
- Try to highlight a few key aspects of the job that would attract applicants. This could be location, minimum payment, benefits/perks, or whatever else your position has to offer. E.g. “Locum opportunity in beautiful Victoria – accommodation provided, minimum $800/day”
2. Informative Job Description
Include a description that’s informative, yet concise. Make sure it’s easy to read – a large block of text will be harder to digest. Use bullet points wherever applicable – applicants should be able to scan the description and know all the important job details.
Key things you may want to include are:
- Patient demographic, number of patients seen per day
- Practice style (solo vs. group)
- Any allied health support
- Technology (e.g. computers in rooms)
- Location convenience, such as in-clinic laboratory
3. Highlight Incentives
Does this position offer any benefits or perks that would entice physicians? If so, be sure to mention and highlight it in the job description, and maybe throw it in the job title as well.
Some incentives to mention may include:
- Competitive pay
- Relocation/accommodation allowance
Don’t be afraid to dress up and flaunt the job! Now with the best job-posting practices in hand, you have the power to attract the best candidates, and connect directly with physicians. Get started by posting on Locumunity. Good luck!